Service is seamless and smooth. Inconspicuous personnel ensure that life is easy-going, and extend heartfelt attentions in an unobtrusive manner. There is no pretence at Kanuhura – here, kindness is simply natural.
Deriving from the pristine atmosphere, the essence of Kanuhura’s lifestyle is natural, offering the ultimate luxury of simply enjoying life and its finest pleasures with meaningful ones.
Ostentation is abandoned, making space for a wealth of wordless emotions and sensations - those insubstantial moments that create a sense of bliss.
Guest rooms at Kanuhura
Kanuhura offers seven categories of luxury villas to cater to the individual preferences and needs of our guests. The resort features 96 villas, all with sea views and either access to their own white sand beach or a private wooden staircase leading straight down into the clear waters of the lagoon.
• King/Twin beds
• Air conditioning
• Plasma screen satellite television
• Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet connection
• Elsafe Electronic villa Safes
• Coffee/Tea making facilities
• Private veranda
• Spacious bathroom with dual vanities, WC, freeform stone bath and outdoor shower
Restaurants and Bars
Kanuhura provides cuisines of unimaginable variety – food for romance, for relaxation, for the sheer pleasure of company.
• Thin Rah, serving the best of European and Asian cuisine for breakfast and dinner, overlooking turquoise lagoon and sunset.
• Olive Tree, Mediterranean-influenced à-la-carte poolside restaurant, opens for lunch and dinner.
• Véli Café, the perfect setting for candle light dinners on the beach, serving Aromatic Asian fusion and specialities include the freshest catch from the Indian Ocean.
• Kandu, sits right on Jehunuhura island and overlooks the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. Open for lunch and in the evening the island hosts private parties or romantic hideaways for two.
• In-Villa Dining caters for breakfast, light snacks, romantic dinners and special celebrations in the privacy of guests’ villas or at various locations on the island. Available 24-hours.
• Handhuvaru Bar, the perfect place for cocktails and conversation while enjoying the comfort of oversized daybeds and chairs by the pool and on the beachfront. A wide range of beverages are available until the early hours.
• Araam Beach Bar, the ideal spot for toasting the sunset, overlooking the beautiful Indian Ocean in one of the prime locations of Kanuhura.
The Spa At Kanuhura
A holistic sanctuary where guests will find themselves in a serene world of delicate scents, low lighting and natural marine products; where a wide range of treatments are on offer from experienced therapists.
• Eight spacious treatment rooms, including four doubles for side-by-side couples’ treatments
• Hatha yoga sessions held by our professional instructor
• An outdoor beachside spa pavilion
• Beauty salon
• Separate steam bath and dry sauna
• Cold plunge pool
• Air-conditioned gym
• Aerobics studio
Event Planning Facilities
Kanuhura staff will be glad to help you plan your business events in our beautiful island.
Lava Lounge can be used as a conference and meeting room (for up to
50 people, theatre-style).
• A splendid fresh water swimming pool, two floodlit tennis courts and an
air-conditioned squash court.
• “Haruge” the Maldivian Art and Cultural Center.
• A heaven for divers: Lhaviyani Atoll provides endless opportunities for
marine exploration, from scuba diving excursions and PADI certification
courses to guided snorkeling trips.
• A wide array of sports and leisure including excursions: snorkeling tours,
big game fishing, island hopping, private island picnics and sunset
For Kids and Teens
The Kids Club offers imaginative fun for kids from 4 to 11 years with a unique program, designed on a two weeks rotation, covering the entire day with activities of all kind such as snorkeling, treasure hunt, cooking class and Marine Biology class. A world of natural wonders is just waiting to be discovered.
Babysitting services by professionally trained nannies are alsoavailable on request at a fee.